Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What a day....

Today started out as a normal day. I took Chloe to storytime and then I started my trek off to Mt. Washington to see Wyatt. I should of known that it was not going to stay normal when I lost one of Chloe's shoes from the library to Lori (our nanny). As I was driving, I received a phone call from the doctor at Mt. Washington saying that Wyatt's chest x-ray is not normal. It looks like part of the bowel reherniated into the chest, so he is getting transported back to Hopkins. So I went to Mt. Washington to pick up all his stuff and met Wyatt back at the NICU at Hopkins. More chest x-rays were taken and the attending said it did look like it reherniated. The surgeons that did Wyatt's original surgery said that they looked at the chest x-ray and DO NOT believe that it reherniated!! This was great news because that meant no surgery and I trust our surgeons!! They were going to transport Wyatt back to Mt. Washington but decided to order a CT scan to make sure. Around 6pm the CT scan was done and it showed that the bowel did reherniate according to the attending physician and radiologist. It also showed that Wyatt has pneumonia in his upper right lung!! Pediatric surgery was paged to find out what to do. The surgeons looked at the CT scan and are still NOT convinced that the bowel reherniated back up into the chest. So tomorrow the radiologoist is going to "restructure" the scan to get a better look and hopefully the entire team of doctors can come to a concensus. What a yo-yo of a day!! Well find the answer out tomorrow. In the meanwhile, Wyatt is acting like his old normal self and when I got home at 9pm, Chloe's tummy was hurting her so she just finally went to bed at midnight. I need a hot bath and glass of wine!! Who knows where we will be tomorrow.... either at Hopkins or Mt. Washington.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a day! Well, we'll be hoping for no reherniation! I think it's time for Wyatt to have a good break!

Julia