Saturday, November 29, 2008

ER Update

Wyatt and Benji are still in the ER, but good news.... the chest x-ray looks good so he has not reherniated!!! The docs think that he has a respiratory virus and is dehydrated. He is currently on IV fluids and is sleeping. His heart rate is 135 which is much better compared to 190. They may keep him overnight for observation. He is no longer under surgery since his x-ray looks good, so he will be under pediatrics. We are just waiting to find out blood work results and what they want to do. I want to thank Wyatt's care team. When Benji was driving Wyatt to the ER, I e-mailed his doctors and nursing agency. His surgeon, Dr. A called me at home two minutes after I sent the e-mail and said that he was on-call this weekend and will check on Wyatt. When I called his pediatrician Dr. G, he answered his cell phone immediately... I did not have to leave a message. He also called the ER to let them know we were coming. Our nursing agency called me within 20 min of my e-mail to offer any help... even offering to babysit Chloe. We are so thankful to have such a wonderful care team for Wyatt who answered our calls/e-mail and go the extra mile on a Thanksgiving Weekend Saturday night. Thank You!!! My little guy always keeps us on our toes:))

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am so relieved to hear that Wyatt does not need another surgery. Praise God!

Amber