Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy... Busy...

We have been busy the past few days. Wyatt's surgery was moved up to June 18th so today we went to his pediatrician for his pre-op check up and blood was also drawn to check his electrolytes since he has been on his diuretics. The blood draw was not too bad, the nurse got it on her first try!! Wyatt was nervous, now that he knows what is going on. We are just preparing him for surgery now. He will take steroids three days before surgery starting June 15th and we increased his food from 65 ml/hr to 70ml/hr in hopes for him to gain more weight. So keep your fingers crossed that everything is a go on the 18th. We have to be at the hospital by 6:45am and Wyatt will be the first one (which I like!!)

Over the weekend, my wonderful friend hosted a "college buddy" lunch date. My friends from college and their kids got together for pizza. Laura is always a nice hostess. Chloe had a great time with all the kids and Wyatt did too!! I can't seem to find my camera, so hopefully my friends will send me some pictures to post:))

Also over the weekend, my mom and sister spent the night on Friday and we had a Fiesta party!! Chloe and Wyatt enjoyed the alcohol-free pina colodas and strawberry Margarettas. They took the kids to "Art in the Park" for a picnic while Benji and I worked in turbo-speed to plant flowers and mulch the front yard. Trying to get things done is very hard with two kids (as most of you know:))

Developmentally, Wyatt is doing awesome! He is finally trying to get in a crawling position by pulling up on his knees and then going into a split!! He is doing really well now. I also have been taking him off oxygen when we are doing normal kid stuff like going to lunch or playing outside with kids.

3 comments:

Vicki Jensen said...

We'll be keeping Wyatt in our thoughts and prayers for his surgery. I can't wait to see some new photos!
Vic

Anonymous said...

You need to find that camera and snap some shots of the "precrawling" adventures of Wyatt. I'll bet it is precious!! Those steroids might help? Keeping Wyatt in my thoughts and prayers for surgery..Hopefully his last one??
PatV.

Stacy K said...

I so enjoyed seeing Chloe and Wyatt last weekend. He is such a sweet little boy and I absolutely love the "scoot." He sure is quick. My prayers are with Wyatt during this next surgery. Hopefully they get in and do everything that they need to do so that little Wyatt can thrive. Soon enough, we will be watching him play t-ball or soccer and adminiring all the obstacles he has conquered. Good luck Wyatt!!!

Stacy