Friday, June 19, 2009

Just what the doctor ordered!

Wyatt starting feeling a little better as soon as Chloe walked into the room:) Just what the doctor ordered. Wyatt said, "Chloe!!" and they hugged and kissed each other. Wyatt is still spitting up mucus and when he coughs it hurts him, so we are still pressing the pain button. Benji went home for the night, and I get the pleasure of spending the night here. I think Wyatt really wanted a single room, because his MRSA swab of his nose came out positive, so we had to move to an isolated room. This can be good or bad, because now I never want to leave him alone:) I was freaking out about MRSA, but the doctor told me it is no big deal. Kids that are in and out of the hospital get it and most nurses would possibly test positive for it. It's just colonized in his nose and will go away eventually. There is really no treatment for it... it's immuned to most antibiotics. So it's a little set back, but like always, we will look ahead and think about going home:)) Wyatt now started formula, just 5 ml/hr but over time it will be increased and then hopefully the IV drip will go away and we will be able to go home. Keep praying and thank you for all your kindness and support.

Chloe was so happy to see me. I met her in the hallway and she ran into my arms and hugged me for the longest time. I really miss her but I know she is in good hands.

By the way, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pop-Pop!!!

Wyatt's newest treatment plan... lots of LOVE!!







1 comment:

*super dude and super dog* said...

Hooray for Big Sisters and lots of love! It's great to see Wyatt looking a little better. I hope his pain is more controlled and he's on his way home soon.