Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Evolution of Little People

One of my favorite childhood memories was playing with Little People. I had the school house, Little People home, barn, etc... I was playing Little People with Chloe and Wyatt yesterday and realized that we had four versions of Little People that we were playing with. I love combining my old toys with Chloe and Wyatt's new toys and they love playing with them. We have the "angry" Little Person made of entirely wood. He is probably our oldest at about 30ish years old. Then we have the wooden bodies and plastic head, then the plastic bodies and plastic head, and now we have the new versions... Chloe and Wyatt's Little People have arms!! They are super big (probably for safety) and they seem to have more personality. But I miss the old versions!! and then there is the weeble... Do you have any favorite old toys???

Thirty years of Little People...




Our oldest Little Person... "the angry boy" made completely of wood.


Today's version of the barn and a new princess house...



My old "clubhouse" that had a tire swing, trap door, slide, etc... My favorite!!!


Do you remember Weebles??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weebles tumble but they never fall down (:)

Cindy said...

We have all of the old ones that my husband played with as a kid, including the "angry" one :-) Claire loves them, as do all of the kids who come over to play. I always show visitors the evolution of Little People -- all wood, half wood half plastic, all plastic, molded, etc.

Danielle said...

Wait, wait, YOUR CLUBHOUSE??? That was mine!