Monday, October 12, 2009

Wyatt's special celebration!

Not a very flattering picture of my mother, but it's the only one of have of Wyatt enjoying his birthday desert... ice cream sundae!


My good friends Nicole and Matt and you know who the other people are...


Our family from both sides...moms, dads, grandmothers, sisters... and Chloe and Wyatt


We celebrated Wyatt's second birthday with a dinner for 12 people.... all of our closest family members plus my best friend from high school, Nicole and her husband Matt. Benji's grandmother traveled from Texas and Benji's sister traveled from Kentucky to be there as well as his parents, my parents, my grandmother, and my sister. The last time we were all together was our wedding eight years ago. So we took many pictures together including our grandmothers who are in their mid eighties:) It was a special time to celebrate families being together and to celebrate it with Wyatt and Chloe. For dinner we had grilled beef tenderloin, crab imperial, pork tenderloin, roasted vegetables, collard greens, herbed/feta mashed potatoes and homemade bread. For appetizers we had baked brie with raspberry preserves, smoked gouda, horseradish cheddar, shrimp cocktail, and homemade bread. Best of all, for desert we had Wyatt's choice... instead of a cake we had an ice cream sundae bar... everyone was served vanilla/chocolate ice cream and they could choose their toppings from a variety of choices. A memorable and joyous evening!! Some of Wyatt's favorite presents- guitar, Thomas the Train set, trucks, and many books!! Finally, the boy has "boy" things to play with!!

m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, I usually don't comment on your blog...but...one day I am going to find the most silly picture of you and post it on your blog (as soon as I learn how).
mom (:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Wyatt is 2!! I feel like just yesterday I was rocking him to sleep and dodging his many mobiles on his crib! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT! Im so proud of all your accomplishments!

~Branden...One of your favorite hopkins nurses :-)