Thursday, July 18, 2024

Recovery Mode!!

Wyatt is in recovery mode now.  Every week day, he spends a half day at Kennedy Krieger for PT, OT, and education (a teacher catching him up since he missed time in school for his infection). They work on Algebra II and his summer reading- The Crucible.  (he’s not thrilled about this part 😂).  Wyatt is dealing with some stomach issues that landed him in the ER.  The antibiotics are tearing his stomach apart!  He has gastritis and about 3 more weeks of two pretty powerful antibiotics left to total 3 months worth.  He’s dealing with it though- Malox is his friend! Today he had his therapy at the KKI pool! This past week, I have been taking him on a tour of meaningful places to me in Baltimore City.  We went to the house where my Dad grew up- 25 Luzerne Ave, my Dad’s favorite deli- Attmans.  We also went to Patterson Park where my Dad played all day long when he was a kid.  Today we went to the house where my Mom grew up- 1417 Riverside Ave.  It’s the best street in all of Baltimore!  Begins with a park- Federal Hill and ends with a park- Riverside Park! Directly across the street from her house is St. Mary’s Star of the Sea Catholic Church- where my Mom and Dad were married and where she went to elementary school.  My grandmother played many Bingo games there!  I have fond memories running around the block as a kid, going to the corner store and the park to play! I took Wyatt down Light Street, Battery Ave, Inner Harbor and ended with a visit to see my Dad. Tomorrow’s agenda- Matthew’s Pizza, my Dad’s favorite pizza place in the city! Wyatt’s perseverance, positive attitude and willingness to try everything to get back to himself has been admirable.  He has been through so much- his spine surgeon said it was one of the most complicated cases and his recovery has been amazing.  Our last visit with him this past week, his surgeons took pics of him to share with his colleagues! 

No comments: