Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We got a plan!

Today I had the perfect day with my two kids. In the morning, I took Chloe to story time at the library and it was all about bears. She loved it! Then I voted and off to the hospital I went! It was snowing and if you know me, I dislike driving in the snow. I'm terrible at it... that's why I am a teacher (that's not really the reason). I must really love Wyatt to drive in the snow. I think my friends tired him out yesterday, because Wyatt took a long nap in my arms. Today he enjoyed time in the playroom and OT worked with him as well. When Wyatt woke up from his nap, he was all smiles and very playful. His incision looks good and dry. I think the accreditation committee was visiting Mt. Wash today, because when I arrived EVERYTHING was under his crib... all his signs, stuffed animals, raido, blankets to "prevent infectious diseases." Wyatt also has a "precaution sign" hanging on his crib. Nonetheless, we had an enjoyable day together. We also established a plan... we have a family meeting with the folks at Mt. Wash on Thursday, we have a clinic appointment with Wyatt's surgeons next Tuesday at Hopkins, and g-tube surgery is tentatively scheduled for Feb. 28th. After that, he will return to Mt. Wash for a couple of weeks and then HOME!!!!!!!! I don't want to jinx myself, but it was exciting to hear our case manager talk to us about an equipment companies that will give us our supplies at home and a possiblitiy of a shift nurse at night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great plan! It has "home" in it. Don't want to jinx it either, but we are praying for a wonderful home coming!!

Chuck, Sue and Megan

Anonymous said...

Gina....looking at that incredible smile, you have to know you have done everything RIGHT!!! What amazing affirmation...He is adorable!!

Jen L.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gina....
You gave me goose bumps reading your blog this morning....HOME....wow...no wonder that little guy is all smiles...he hears everyone saying home too!!!!
Becareful on the roads....
Wishing Wyatt another wonderful happy day!!!!
Hugs,
Karen :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to the little man who has *stolen* all our hearts!!!!!
Have a great day....many hugs,
Karen :)

Vicki Jensen said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY WYATT!!!!! I love seeing your smile on the blog! I'm so happy you guys had a great day yesterday and that there's a solid plan now! Having gone through the whole NG tube thing and struggling now with Jack's eating you might be best just going for the G-tube. I've heard from parents that they struggle for so long then get the tube and feel like they should've done it earlier. I know it's another surgery but Wyatt is one tough cookie! Now we just need to get him on room air!
Keep up the awesome work Wyatt!
Love
Vicki, James & Jack