Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Did I ever share the story of my singing? Well... I am a terrible singer, I sing off key and just don't have the talent of music, eventhough I married a muscian. Well, ever since Wyatt was born, I would sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to him. When he was parayalzed and sedated on ECMO, I would always start my visit my singing the spider song to him, so he knew his mom was by his side. Well, today I sang him the spider song while he was sleeping and he smiled in his sleep!! Then I proceeded to sing other songs and he continued to smile. I think Wyatt and Chloe are the only two people on this Earth that really enjoy my singing. I hope they stay that way!! Wyatt has been spitting up more often now, so the GI doctor came in to exam him. He put him on pedilytle for 4 hours, gave him medicine to coat his stomach, and took away his mobility medicine. I also just learned that Wyatt is on 32 calories, which could also be the cause of his spit up. Otherwise he looks comfortable. We had a family meeting with the major players in Wyatt's care today. It looks like if g-tube surgery is a success, then Wyatt will be able to come home a week or two after surgery. We discussed equipment companies for when he comes home, shift nurses, and nursing visits. He was happy today and enjoyed his Valentine's Day. On the otherhand, Chloe's stomach was upset today, so I got her antibiotic changed for her ear infection. My friends Whitney, Amy, and Lori saved the day today... what would I ever do without friends? Whitney picked up Chloe's prescription for me while Benji was with Wyatt and I was with Chloe, she then brought wings over for dinner and Benji, Whitney, and I had a nice V-day dinner together! Amy watched Chloe for us while we were at our family meeting and Lori, our wonderful Nanny stayed with Chloe during her upset stomach and comforted her like a mom would. Thank You!!

1 comment:

Vicki Jensen said...

32 calories? Wowsers! That's a lot for a little guy. Did the Hopkins GI docs put him on that much? They told us to stay at 27 and don't go above 30 I think. If the formula is so rich I can imagine he'd have a hard time. Our Hopkins GI docs are awesome if you want their #'s.

I hate to say that I'm excited for G-tube surgery but I think it's because you said Wyatt can go home shortly afterwards! Now that is something to celebrate! I can't wait for photos of that!!

Keep up all the good work and I'm so glad you guys are blessed with such awesome family and friends to help out the way they do. Wyatt will grow up in a wonderful community of people that love him and his family. That really makes me smile!

Vic