Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Day at the Beach






Chloe and I went on our first vacation of the summer today- one day at Lewes Beach with my parents and sister. The beach is our favorite and it's a great day trip since it's not crowded and only about 2 1/2 hours from my parent's house. Lewes Beach is in Delaware and it's so quaint, no high rise buildings, space between families at the beach, and the cutest little shops. You can even take the ferry to Cape May if you like. The last time Chloe went to the beach was this time last year, so she forgot what walking on sand was like. It's really cool to experience the firsts of a child like discovering waves, walking on sand, finding rocks/shells. I can't wait to experience that with Wyatt... hopefully next year! It took a little while for Chloe to warm up to everything. She always likes to be clean and getting sand on her irritated her. I don't know where she gets that from... maybe her father?? Overall it was a great day and here I am blogging at almost midnight! I can't wait to take Wyatt to the beach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... Chloe looks so precious in her little pink bathing suit!!! I was actually just thinking about Chloe the other day and how much you used to hate the baby pool when she was a baby!!! "Nanny" will be home next Friday!!!! YAY!