Friday, February 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home!





Wyatt is home from the hospital and seems to be better than ever!!! He is on steroids for the next 10 days so he is a bundle of energy! Twice he bent over so far he was in the crawling position.... this is a first!!! Then I gave him a bottle for fun and he tried to drink from it...which is another first!!! I sanitized our house, washed all his blankets, changed his sheets, washed Wyatt really good (since he hasn't had a bath since Tuesday:((( We sang... "Go Away Germs!!" Chloe is back from my parent's house too! Benji brought Wyatt home and my Dad brought Chloe home around so the same time, so when they walked in the door I had music playing, lunch ready and we celebrated everyone being home:) We have no plans this weekend... just hoping to get a lot of family time in with two healthy kids:) Thank you all for everything.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome home, Wyatt! I'm so glad he's feeling better and you guys can get settled back in to your "routine", if their is such a thing with kids!

On another note, I watched the "Gifted Hands" movie about Wyatt's doc. It was truly inspiring-thanks for the heads up.

Jen

Vicki Jensen said...

Welcome home Wyatt!! I'm so glad he's feeling better. He looks great in the photos. I can't believe how big he is. I love the pic of him drinking from the bottle. I seems like he's doing all sorts of milestone stuff at once. I hope you guys stay germ free. I'll have to get Wyatt an Ebola stuffed 'animal'. Jack has one in his crib to ward off 'lesser' germs!
Love
Vic

kbfaust said...

Hey there---here's a blast from the past! What a great site! I feel all caught up! I was putting away Christmas card (I know, I'm slow)and thought I'd check out your blogspot. Congrats to you, Benji and your family for making it through all the trials that life has lead you in the past several years. The kids are beautiful and as usual you are still the eternal optomist! Give Benji our best and we wish you nothing but good health and happiness. We think of you often and still like to look at our photos from the blizzard in Deep Creek on President's Day weekend. Do you think we could do that again next year? That would be awesome! Love you guys,
Kristen and Brian

Liz and Shane said...

Welcome home! its great to see Wyatt is doing better. we check your blog often too. = )

Unknown said...

Wow, another adventure! So sorry you had to go through another hospital stay and cocktail of tests. So happy to hear Wyatt is recovering and doing well. Welcome home! Maybe you'll get an extended quiet weekend at home with the snow coming! Lots of love,

Laura H.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am just waiting to see the "crawling" pictures. I know he is SO close, and I'm sure he is anxious to "get going" so he can run around with you and Chloe. I love the bottle picture of Wyatt. He looks so natural, like he has been doing that forever! Glad he is home in the nurturing environment you provide for him. Enjoy the snow today and tomorrow....PatV

Stacy K said...

So glad to hear everyone is back home. Just in time to get snowed in for some much deserved R&R. Take Care!
Stacy