Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wyatt News

Patty, his PT therapist trying to "trick" Wyatt into tummy time with the big blue ball. Wyatt is not a fan of tummy time. He is still not crawling, but scoots across the floor.



Chloe was around during Wyatt's PT session, so she tried to do the same thing that Wyatt was doing, but with a little pink ball.

Wyatt's nurse Susan... she is always so happy. It is ALWAYS sunny in our house when Susan is here. She instantly puts Wyatt in a good mood, plays with him non-stop, and gives me energy when I come home from work with her cheerfullness!

Yesterday I was on the phone with our insurance company for one and half hours. Wyatt's ECMO wound is still not totally healed. In fact, I think it is pretty nasty for a wound that occurred 17 months ago. So Dr. A, his surgeon prescribed Mepiform strips. Apparently these strips are very expensive... about $180 a box and Wyatt needs 12 boxes and they are hard to get. I called 10 pharmacies/medical equipment suppliers that are in our network and none of them carry it. I found one pharmacy about 45 minutes away that will send them to us but they are not in our insurance companies network. So I discovered through a "customer service representative" that I could get a precertification... so that is what I did and let's just hope Wyatt will be getting Mepiform strips!!! I am learning so much about insurance that I never knew before!!

The above pictures are from Wyatt's PT session today. His therapist, Patty does a wonderful job with him. Also in the picture is his awesome nurse Susan. Because of his excellent team of nurses and therapists, Wyatt is doing great! His favorite activity now is seeing how far he can throw the ball into the kitchen. He has a great arm and is showing signs of being a major league baseball player!!! That's if his mother will allow him to:)))

No comments: