Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter Day Hike

No... this is not what you think... it's not a smooth park trail... my sister decided to bush-wack a trail in the woods behind my parent's house and we were privileged to be one of the few to walk on it so there were still many sticker bushes, deer carcases, cliffs, water to walk through, etc... you name it! But we made it to the destination and Chloe walked the entire way by herself. It brought back many wonderful memories because these are the woods that I played in as a young child. All summer, the neighbors and I would make forts, go on hikes, walk to the stream, etc... we just didn't go this far back. We made it back to my parent's house in one piece and Wyatt enjoyed extra special time with Mom-mom and Pop-Pop while we were gone. Our dog Abby, who is typically afraid of water and my parent's dog Duncan loved it!!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adventure! A weekend packed with special family memories...(My favorite was the Chloe egg dying assembly line)I wouldn't be surprised if your kids end up liking Easter better than Christmas!
PatV.