Monday, May 4, 2009

Quick Update...

More later... but Wyatt is back to his old self... You would think he had surgery today!!! They had to intubate him and we were in the recovery room for a while. Around 4pm, we got a room on the 6th floor and he was dancing and playing. It's hard to confine a toddler to a bed, stroller, or your lap!! We have no results yet... however, I heard through the grapevine that maybe a little bit of the stomach protrudes through. We will find out more later. I don't think it's as bad as we thought. They also got images of his ECMO wound too and the upper GI is scheduled tomorrow at 10am. They also took blood (gave it to me to give to our doctor??? isn't that weird... We also have a nutrition consult tomorrow too. The MRI doctor also saw both vocal cords moving today!!! yeah!! I feel like Wyatt is getting a big tune-up!!! We will have more details by tomorrow. Everyone was so nice today and helpful!

3 comments:

Stacy K said...

Good job Wyatt! I am so happy to hear about BOTH vocal cords moving, so wonderful! I know it will be good to have everything checked and get some answers as to what has been happening with the little guy. Hopefully I will get up to see you all soon. Good luck with the rest of the tests and results. And..I love the learning boxes...good thing Wyatt has such a good teacher for a mommy.

Vicki Jensen said...

Good boy Wyatt! Awesome news with his vocal cords. James was just asking about Wyatt's vocal cords yesterday...strange! Sounds like he's getting the full workup or tuneup as you said. I'll be waiting to hear his MRI results.

Vic

Jen said...

Great news! I'm so glad to hear everything went well and he's back to being his cute little self.

Jen