Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chloe's Special Day!

Wyatt has been getting all the attention lately and Chloe has been such a great sport about it. Not only is Wyatt the hero in all of this, Chloe is too! She understands everything going on and makes the best of it! So on Tuesday, I spent the morning with Chloe (just Mommy and Chloe) and we went to Baugher's Farm to pick strawberries and Cherries, we also had ice cream and went to the petting zoo. Picking the fruit was so much fun. It was not crowded at all and it was so calm and peaceful to pick the berries with Chloe. She had so much fun and I think she really enjoyed spending time together... I did too!! She also ate every berry she picked!! It reminded me of the book, Blueberries for Sal (pick a berry and eat it!)(Thank you Pam for the book!! We love it!!) Luckily, I picked enough berries to bring some home!! My friend Laura inspired me to buy produce locally. I just started reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, so hopefully Laura and this book will encourage me to buy local!!

Today I am having the BEST day of all!! It's my 35th birthday and I am spending the entire day with Chloe and Wyatt!! Just us!! We took a morning walk and then went to the mall. Now they are both taking a nap at the same time (a special treat!). It's always so much fun when it's just us. I love watching them play and interact together. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday:)) I can truly say that I am so blessed to have them both in my life. So far, I love my 30's!! Chloe has been singing Happy Birthday to me all day!









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINA! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful little girl! (You also have a wonderful little boy) I am so lucky to have such a wonderful Big girl,
mom

Jen said...

How fun! I love buying most of our produce from the local farmer's market, but I've never gotten to go pick my own. Looks like a good time!

Unknown said...

Go Gina! Glad I inspired you, or cursed you, depending on how you look at it. Buying local can become an obsession!

That picture of Chloe in the middle of all those strawberries is prize worthy. Those plants are huge! She is kneeling, right? She is getting to be such a big little girl now. Great shots.

Happy Birthday, Gina!

Laura

*super dude and super dog* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We also buy a lot of our produce locally and it feels good to support local business and know where our food is coming from.

I love the picture of Chloe in her sunglasses ~ she looks so grown up )

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't know about your birthday, but happy Birthday Gina!!! Nicole Schaefer Hope Wyatt is feeling well, I wanted to check on him but didn't want to bug you again, so I thought I would try here. Hope all is well.