Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday's Update

Feeling a little better to sit up!!

Got to hold my boy today!! He is not very happy... every time we move him, he seems to cry out in pain. However, he is doing better than yesterday. Yesterday he could not stay awake with out crying... today he can stay awake and seems a little comfortable.

He wants to fall asleep, but Sesame Street is on, so he is making himself stay awake to watch it... (it's his favorite show!!)


Last night Wyatt was not peeing, in fact he has not peed since the foley was removed at 1pm during surgery. So around 10pm last night, the nurse placed a foley in and a bunch of pee came out (what a relief!!)... so we thought it may be swelling or an obstruction. Today the foley was removed and he got a dose of lasik. Well... I just changed a VERY WET diaper. This is a huge relief because that means no obstruction!!! Now he is soundly sleeping. The doctors removed his ng tube this morning and they plan on starting pedilyte through g-tube soon. If all goes well, we will be moving to the 6th floor- hopefully in an IMC room since he is still on a pain drip and we can be with him 24/7.

Chloe is at my parent's house at a play date now to Annie's Playground. She is having a great time and I talk to her on the phone all the time. The local library is closing down, so my mom, sister, and Chloe attended a protest last night... I sure Chloe had fun!!

My Dad is at my house painting our family room:)) What a great Dad!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. Looks/sounds like he is doing great! No surprise! Wyatt used to surprise me, now I've learned that he lives up to his name. Amazing. Lucky boy has the best parents who stay strong and smother him in love and encouragement! Go Wyatt!

Joe Carr said...

That is one tough kid!!