Thursday, June 18, 2009

Surgery Update





I am getting out of control with this Twitter thing!! I always wondered why people "tweet" about what they are doing... like who really cares??? but I must say while you are sitting around doing nothing... it's fun! I have to stop myself texting to twitter about every little thing I am doing:)) I know you really don't want to know and my hubby is laughing at me!! I finally found my camera, so here is a picture of Wyatt in pre-op in his little gown and his latest chest x-ray. Wyatt was full of energy this morning so we kept him busy by reading books to him. Benji took Wyatt back to the OR this time and he went to sleep around 9am. The operation started at 10am and he is scheduled until 5pm. Hopefully it won't last that long. Dr. Abdullah, Wyatt's surgeon said that instead of doing surgery laparoscopy, most likely he will make an open incision. He will start with the nissen, see how that goes then do the other stuff.

It's a small world. While we were in the PICU during ECMO (first 13 days of life), we became friends with another family. Well... her daughter is in surgery today too and we are both in the waiting room. She saw Wyatt at his most fragile state and commented on how big he is now!! That is so refreshing to hear!! We also bumped into Dr. Berkowitz, Wyatt's main doctor while he was on ECMO. It's funny to think about how large this hospital is (like a small city), but also the relationships that are formed here make it seem so small.

It looks like Wyatt will be on the 6th floor in the IMC section (our favorite place) after surgery. Please keep the prayers coming, Wyatt is a fighter and he proves it to us all the time. We love him so much!!

I just called Chloe who is staying with my parents. Chloe asked me how was Wyatt doing?? I asked my mom if she told Chloe to say that and she said no. Chloe is such a wonderful big sister and cares so deeply for her brother. She is not even 3 years old yet and is asking about her brother. We love her so much too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thinking about you and sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and Wyatt......
PatV.