Sunday, August 9, 2009

Growing up....

Wyatt has always called me "ma ma"... until today!!! Since I arrived home from the beach he has not stopped calling me "mommy" in fact he has probably said it about 100 times today!! It's a sign of him getting older. Summer is coming to an end soon and I reflected on the goals that I set for Wyatt... walking or standing and off oxygen during the day time. Well... he has not met these goals, but that is ok. Wyatt seems to be the boss and has accomplished other goals that I didn't think of. His language has soared. He says three and four word sentences. Every morning he tells Benji to "Have a good day" and says "Good Morning" to Chloe. Today I asked him what color was the balloon he was holding and he said "Green." He is counting to five using his fingers and repeats anything you asked him to. While I was away at the beach, Benji heard Wyatt say "uh-o!" over and over again while in his crib around 11pm. His food tube disconnected from his g-tube and he was trying to tell is Daddy that something was wrong... it worked!! Benji went to his crib and reconnected it. So even though he can not walk and he is still on oxygen, he is doing more with his language and knowledge skills then I ever imagined.

On the walking note... his PT recommended that we buy him tennis shoes to prevent him from curling his toes up when trying to stand. So we went to Stride Rite and had him fitted for shoes- size 5 wide. Below are Wyatt's first pair of tennis shoes...

Chloe is also making some mile stones... my baby girl is starting preschool in the fall. I volunteered to be a "parent volunteer" so she won't be too far from me the first month:)) Our church is also starting a 3 year old CCD class for the first time. So I enrolled Chloe in that class and I volunteered to be the teacher assistant. So it looks like we will have a busy Fall!!! I just got this scrapbook of "school years" to capture all the school memories from the very first day. By the way... Chloe is now calling "Mom" instead of "Mommy" (sometimes)... how they grow so fast!!


Wyatt first pair of shoes...

4 comments:

Jen L. said...

Hey you...you still at CCPS???

Paula said...

Awesome shoes Wyatt. Great progress on the talking front too! I'm a big believer that while growing one type of skill another type takes a backseat. Our Wyatt has made strides with his walking in the last few months, but at the same time I noticed his vocab growth slowed down. Eventually they'll be doing it all and we'll wonder where our babies went just like I'm sure you feeling now with Chloe.

Anonymous said...

picture of Wyatt with his new shoes on please!!!
PatV.

Stacy K said...

My PT said that same about the shoes and it made a huge difference. When he didn't have his shoes on, he wouldn't even try to stand. Connor has these same shoes :) I'm hoping that the tennis shoes make a big difference for him. Go Wyatt!!! Good luck.