Saturday, November 28, 2009

Relaxing Thanksgiving

Since Wyatt's birth we celebrated every holiday at our house. I love being home for the holidays but it's also a lot of work too:)) This year we went to my parent's house to celebrate Thanksgiving. My mother made a wonderful dinner and Benji made gravy. He is known as the gravy guy in our family... he gets stuck making gravy for all occasions. It was rainy and cold outside which was a perfect excuse to just lounge around the house and relax on Thanksgiving. That night I got to see a movie for the first time since I think before Wyatt was born. My sister, Dad and I saw New Moon. It was my first experience with the Twilight series... I thought it was ok... It's a nice teenager love story but I really don't get what all the hype is all about???? I am sure the books must be much better:) Then the following day my mom watched the kids while my sister, Dad, and I went shopping. It's a tradition for my Dad to buy my sister and I tennis shoes on Black Friday. Mission accomplished and now I have new tennis shoes:)) On Saturday we saw the Christmas Parade on Main Street. Our town has a parade for EVERYTHING.... labor day, memorial day, Easter, etc... it's basically the same parade over and over again... but not this year. This Christmas it was the new and improved electrical parade. Everything had lights on it! Chloe went with her best friends Lily and Molly (it's a tradition) and we all had a blast! If you remember last year when we went to the parade, Wyatt became ill and we had to make a visit to the ER. He was hospitalized for a few days for a respiratory virus. Not this year! Instead, Chloe got a fever on Thanksgiving night, but the next day it was gone. I am very very very thankful for my healthy family this year.

My grandmother (86 years old) and Wyatt playing the piano together


Wyatt LOVES music... he knows all the instruments, his favorites are the tuba, drums, and violin.


My sister and Wyatt playing drums together.


Pop-pop (my Dad) and Chloe sharing special moments together



Chloe ate Thanksgiving Dinner sitting on my sister's lap. Well, kinda of... Chloe barely eats, she just takes tiny bites of everything!!


Wyatt eating Thanksgiving Dinner... or at least pretending to eat... He is such a good faker at eating because he uses the proper utensils, puts it up to his mouth and pretends to chew. At least he is trying and wants to eat.


Me checking my e-mail. My mother said there are never any pictures of me, so she was taking pictures of me all day. Just wait until you see our Christmas card, Benji jokes that he is a single Dad because it includes everyone's picture but myself:) I never get to check my e-mail in peace:) That's why I have to update my blog at 11pm!!


To pass time on a rainy day... playing Big Monster Trucks in the hallway and Abby our dog, seeking cover in the bathroom.


Our Thanksgiving Dinner (I got yelled at for taking too many pictures and not sitting down to eat:))

1 comment:

Stacy K said...

Gina,
You have to read the Twilight series. I haven't known one person that actually picked up the books to put them down. actually I couldn't read them fast enough... :) And I'm not one to get hooked on a book. Hope you all are doing well!!! Miss you and hope to be able to get together with you all after the holidays.

Stacy