Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Love of Learning

Chloe is at an exciting stage now full of discovery and learning. Her vocabulary is increasing and so are her writing skills. Today we had her very first ever parent conference. It was the first time I was on the opposite end, being a parent rather than a teacher. Her teacher said that Chloe was excellent at sharing and that she adds a calming presence to the class. She asked if Chloe was always like that and I had to chuckle a little. I wish she would share more with her brother rather than pulling things out of his hand. Regarding the calming presence, just come to our house in the morning before going to preschool during breakfast and "time to get dress" time.... I don't think I would characterize it as "calming." But I love Chloe and everything about her.

One of the most exciting things is watching her learn how to write. Below is one of her first attempts of writing her name. It's backwards but if you look closely you can see a "CHLOE." Tonight we went to story time and it was all about your name. Below are the kids "signatures."


Chloe's signature...


Wyatt's signature...