Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Cold Walk.....

My sister is an adventure seeker, she would much rather being walking in 20 degree weather while I would much rather be in front of a warm cozy fireplace.  We are opposites, but I love her with all my heart and she challenges me to "go outside of my box."  Today was no different than a normal day with her.  After our brunch, I went to my parent's house since Benji worked all day.  Danielle decided that we should all go for a walk.  So we all bundled up with our warmest clothes, put Chloe in a wagon with blankets and a pillow and bundled up Wyatt in his stroller and off we went to hike to the woods... fun, fun:) with our three legged dog, Duncan.   We got to see a fox and Chloe loved laying on her back in the wagon looking up at the big trees.  Overall, I am glad my sister made me go and the kids stayed warm and cozy, while Danielle and I did all the work:)  Today stressed how important nature is to kids and that's it's ok that they play outside in cold weather, that they get their hands dirty, that they get wet, etc....  it's the best "toy" that a child can have!!! (as long as they are safe:)


No comments: