Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Preschool

One of the best decisions we have ever made was enrolling Wyatt in preschool.  He had an opportunity to socialize with his peers and just be a regular kid: playing, talking, reading, singing, being crafty, etc....  It was such an ideal situation for him.  I was so nervous to send him to school the first day, but I think because of preschool, his day nurse, and PT is the reason why he is walking and thriving.  Recently Wyatt had his end of the year celebration and it was bittersweet.  He has progressed the most out of all the kids in his class.  He entered preschool not wanting a snack, not wanting to wash his hands or put his hands in finger paints (because it made him gag), not walking, and the list goes on.  He ended preschool wanting to eat his snack and drink, making a project using finger paints (my Mother's Day present), walking, and not protesting when washing his hands.  It was such a successful year!  Wyatt made friends (and I did too!) which I hope last a long, long, time.  In the evening, Wyatt and I went on a date together to Chick Fil a!

No comments: