Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Everyday I stop by the same security desk when I enter the hospital and the same lady asks me where I am going and who is the patient and I tell her every day "NICU, Koger." She finally said, I should know this by now... but today she asked again :) Just a funny little story that I wanted to share. Today I gave Wyatt a bath and we removed all the wires and tubes to get him nice and clean. He was doing so well off the oxygen (high stating) that we kept him off for a couple of hours. Also, his nurse Charla and I got him dressed up in his Christmas outfit for his Christmas card pictures. I don't think he likes getting his picture taken... he would not smile for the camera! Wyatt had his swallow test today and it showed that he was aspirating some thick and thin liquid. Because of this, the attending physician will be discussing the next steps with the Pediatric Surgeons. They may have to place a G-tube (feeding tube) in his stomach for long term feeding, he is now unable to receive feeds from a bottle. One step backwards, and I really do not want Wyatt to go through another surgery. This means he will probably have to get intubated again (breathing tube) and pain medication. Keep your prayers coming!!

2 comments:

Vicki Jensen said...

What a handsome guy! Hope to see you at Hopkins in the next few days.
Vicki

Vicki Jensen said...

What a handsome guy! Hope to see you at Hopkins in the next few days.
Vicki