Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!

Wyatt joins us for Easter Dinner



Found an egg!!

At the circus looking at the elephant paint at the pre-show

Finally a holiday where we are all home together since Wyatt was born!!! Well... almost... Chloe was not acting her self yesterday. We had an entire "Chloe" day planned with her. I took her for an Easter Egg Hunt in our community, she got to see the Easter Bunny, pet real bunnies, see a 2 day old calf, sit on a tractor, and see a fire engine. Then we took her to out for lunch, and then to the circus!!! At the circus in Baltimore (it was weird driving to Baltimore for something other than going to Hopkins), she was a bump on the log, low grade fever and pointing to her ear. So I called our doctor and he said to go to Promptcare, which was closed. So... this morning on Easter I took her to the ER and it turns out she does not have an ear infection, just a 24 hour bug, and she was fine by the end of the night. I knew something was wrong when she did not want to hunt for eggs, but by the end of the night she was back to her old self! I would love to say that this was the first holiday I spent outside the hospital, but it's not true... spending a few hours in the ER with a screaming child was just how I wanted to spend my Easter morning.

Wyatt on the other hand had a bath this morning and I weighed him too. He weighs 13lbs 7 oz. Wow!! When he came home on March 12th, he weighed 12lbs 4 oz, so he gained over a pound in less than 2 weeks. We are so proud of him. He did have a small spit up of brown stuff, so we put him on pedilyte for 4 hours, and that seemed to do the trick.... he did not have a spit up since then and his g-tube was even cleaned. Wyatt enjoyed his first Easter... he was awake for most of the day, just enjoying the excitement around him (my parents and grandmother came over our house and brought most of the dinner with them!!). We even hooked him up to the portable oxygen tank so he could join us for Easter Dinner. Wyatt seems to be on a schedule ever since we brought him home from the hospital. He will take about 1 hour morning nap and another nap in the afternoon. Then around 7:30pm he will fall asleep for the night. He usually sleeps through the night and will awake around 5am.

Finally, I just wanted to say that I live in the BEST neighborhood anyone could ever imagine. My neighbors have supported our family since I was put on bed rest in September and their selfless giving has continued. We want to thank them for their support, kindness, and generosity.

Final thought- we enjoy Wyatt being home and we think he is thriving so much in a home environment... .however, having two kids is much harder than one. Juggling two kids, a home, a job, and life is super hard, but worth it and I finally feel that my house is a home. The real test will be tomorrow... it's the first time the kids will out number the adults. Chloe and Wyatt will be together tomorrow with their mommy.... since our nanny decided to fly the coop to Oregon! Does anyone want to go out for happy hour:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gina-
Great pictures...Wyatt looks SO happy and Chloe looks like she doesn't feel too good in the pic sitting on Daddy's shoulders.
Anytime you are able to bring the kids to your Mom's, we'll get your Dad to babysit and we will ABSOLUTELY do a happy hour (or two or three!), you just name the day and you have yourself a date girlfriend....first chocolate martini is on me!!!!!
Hugs,
Karen :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gina! The kids look great and it's so awesome to see Wyatt at the table. I love his smile...he's such a happy guy!
Happy Easter!
Love,
Vic, James & Jack

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see that things are getting back to "normal" at the Koger home! Is there a good, or better time to visit?
PatV.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Just holler if the kids are ever both napping and I will bring happy hour to you!
PatV.