Saturday, August 30, 2008

Emergency Surgery

The results of the CT scan showed part of the stomach and maybe a little bowel in the chest... some how it herniated even though he has three patches in him.... not only reherniation, but bowel obstruction which is causing the immediate discomfort that Wyatt is having and calls for emergency surgery. After we learned of the results things happened so quickly. We were were quickly whisked upstairs to the 7th floor to the empty OR and dressed in gowns. The team worked so quickly to put Wyatt to sleep... lots of hustle and bustle. We talked to Dr. Lau and Dr. Torres about the surgery, kissed Wyatt (he was kicking and screaming... it was sad:(() and we left. It is really different around here after hours. Usually we check in with the receptionist at the OR waiting room and the OR is crowded with surgeries. It's usually very formal... but not tonight... we are the only people here... it's very quiet and we have the entire waiting room to ourselves.... it's weird.. very different from the past planned surgeries. This time, Wyatt decided to have surgery on a Saturday night during Labor Day weekend. CDH is such a roller coaster of a condition. I always planned my life and through this entire experience I have learned to take things one day at a time and to pack for a hour, a day, a week... just prepared!!

Please say many prayers for Wyatt... we will update when we hear the updates from the nurse. Surgery is going to take several hours... they are going to make two incisions. Thank you.

7 comments:

Paula said...

I'm so sorry your little Wyatt has to go through this. We are sending prayers your way for a speedy and lasting recovery for your warrior.

Paula and the other Wyatt

Grandma Reed said...

I am sorry your ittle one has to go through surgery again. I am praying for strength for you all and a recovery with all ups and no downs. I never heard of CDH untill my grandaughter was diagnosed with it. May God bless you and keep you.Elli Reed's Grandma.

Vicki Jensen said...

Gina,
I am praying for Wyatt! Hang in there. Call us if you need anything or just want someone to run and get you a bite to eat!
Vic, James & Jack

Anonymous said...

I actually had bowel obstruction and know what it feels like. I should have diagnosed him when I was over!! I'm so happy this ended up not being the problem!

Liz Rich said...

Praying for steady hands and sharp minds during Wyatt's surgery.
Liz
Mom to Par (11/1/07)

Fer said...

My prayers are with you and Wyatt

Elizabeth said...

Gina,

I am a Jack Jensen fan - which means that I am also a silent Wyatt fan too.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth