Friday, May 1, 2009

New Equipment

Originally we were planning on weaning Wyatt from his oxygen this summer. I was really hoping that he would be off during the day time by the summer. It is still our goal but now that he may have rehereniated, he requires more oxygen. He came home on 1/8th, now he is up to 1/4th to 1/2 during the day time and at night around 1/2 to 3/4ths. We can have him off about one or two hours a day if he is doing well. So to monitor his oxygen he was always connected to the pulse oximeter (the big one). It's a probe attached to his toe, which is attached to his monitor. He is always on it. Well now that he is moving around, it's very difficult (impossible) to monitor his oxygen. So I purchased this adorable pulse oximeter that is portable. So at night Wyatt is on the "big" pulse oximeter and during the day we spot check him with the cute little one. This is very helpful when we are on walks and when he is off oxygen scooting around the house. We only had it for two days and it's a challenge for Wyatt to tolerate it on his finger for a short time, but I think after a lot of fun practice, he will like it. I did a lot of research to find a quality, not too expensive, pediatric one. So I hope it will be helpful for us and put our mind at ease!

1 comment:

*super dude and super dog* said...

I want one! And I'm glad to hear that the MRI is safe. I hope that he has not reherniated. The whole weekend we waited to hear about Carter was horrible--I can't imagine waiting as long as you have.