Monday, August 24, 2009

Italian Festival- Feast of St. Gabriel


How true... her shirt reads... Hot Blooded Italian Girl!

This past weekend, I stayed at my parent's house with both kids. My grandparents immigrated over from Italy in 1952 to find better work. Their boat took them to Baltimore. My Dad was only three at the time. He eventually married an Irish/Polish girl (my mother) and then came my sister and I... half Italian and quarter Irish and Polish. We traveled to Italy a few times to stay with relatives, since my Dad's side stayed in Italy. My grandmother has three sisters so I have many cousins in Italy. Here are a few pictures at the festival!




Boccie Ball Tournament


Chloe getting her hand painted of the Italian flag...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Their boat actually took them to Ellis island...